Carlton Hotels - Hotel Falsely Claimed Travel Agency Had to Change Rate
Carlton Al Moaibed Hotel, Dammam, Saudi Arabia.
I stayed 7 nights. First night stayed in suite (arrived middle of night). Refundable, booked online at Expedia. Expedia collected nothing; all charges are to hotel. I was charged 1 night's lodging at check-in; balance due at check-out.
Suite was sub-standard in many ways. Retrofitted with odd design; armoires in a tiny alcove with bathroom door across and "door to nowhere" (see photo) in this alcove. No desk in living area, rather in a dark corner of dark bedroom. Next morning I moved to get consistent internet (suites in far corners), a window with drapes that would open more than a tad, and something to look at other than a concrete wall a few feet outside the window. Also, only clothing rack higher than I could reach without a chair. I moved my things myself to a regular room on same floor, same side of hallway: pool view, better internet, a normal height clothes rack, and even had nicer/newer furnishings. It was just one room instead of two but that was fine; bathroom was identical. See photos of windows with drapes that would not open more than a little; door to nowhere with permanent lock; tacky, too tall armoires.
During my stay I twice asked about adjusting the price down to a regular room for remaining 6 nights. I was told (incorrectly) that because it was booked through Expedia, only Expedia could change it. Expedia said this was bogus; that because hotel was charging me directly Expedia was not in the mix. As a courtesy, Expedia tried each time I called to get hold of a hotel manager but could not. Finally, when Expedia reached someone they were told I had waited too long to complain! At checkout I asked again and got same story from hotel and pressured to settle the bill --- as a foreigner I did not want to make too many waves. I have disputed with my credit card and that is dragging on.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Rate Change
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "We stayed at Americas Best Value Inn during our visit to Ft. Jackson, SC for our youngest son's graduation from drill school.We have five sons and they all have been..."
- "WARNING –RENTER BEWARE Panther Knob Cabin Rentals in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee owned by Bobby & Susan Bates. After speaking with Susan on the phone for the first time I had..."
- "Horrible experience. I rented a vacation rental called Pea Princess from Beachwalk Properties. Upon first entry if the house it smelled strongly of chemicals like bug spray which gave..."
- "HOME STYLE FURNITURE July 2014 I purchased a 1500.00 game table with four chairs for our summer home. The first time my husband sat in one of the chairs the..."
- "I ordered my Eve mattress in hopes that all they had claimed were true. Needless to say, it was too good to be true. The claim is to fit everyone..."
- "Hi everyone, On Black Friday at Sports Authority I purchased a $50 World Tech Toys Striker Quad copter and so far it works beautifully with zero flight problems. All four rotor..."
- "Calling every week this is the 10th time. Told me couple time i will still get my number i want to get call back press blaah blaah no one haven't..."
- "they added V.O.D. and extra 50 on internet and more for same phone plus the installation charges. The best way to get this fixed is call the FCC and write..."
- " I bought a brand-new Turbo razor from Bert's first trip out and had a crankcase seal leaking took it in the service department everybody said oh yeah will take..."